Friday, April 2, 2010

In like a Lion, Out like a... Lion

Seeing as its just now April and the weather has decided to not be lambish, the past few weeks have been interesting. First, there is STILL snow on the ground where there had been large piles and shade, even after warm weather. I was so glad when it transitioned from the grey, cold, rather depressing beginning to March to at least sunlight. I function much better with sunlight. Don’t get me wrong, I love snow, but the weather had been getting to me after a massive snow storm in February and the grey weather to start March.

A few weekends ago when my friends had come in for a visit, the weather was absolutely wonderful, cloudless skies, sunny blazing down and 70 degrees! Of course, this also led to the downside of nearly sunburning myself (hazards of Irish ancestry, I don’t tan well at all, just burn), but it was totally worth it to be outside with friends.

And then last weekend it not only rains, but its cold! As in overnight lows near freezing! I can expect this from central NY, but not down here! Its not supposed to be so cold down here. Needless to say, I am ready for some nice, consistent, warm, spring-like weather. We finally are getting hints at the nice weather but I am holding out my hope till it stays this way for over two weeks before I get my hopes up. This EMT needs her sunlight and warmth! Plus, it means I can stop wearing two to three layers when I go on shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment