Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In the Cloudy Future

You will have to pardon the lack of posts thanks to the lovely rainstorm that romped across the East Coast, knocking out phone and internet at my house. I will spare the detailed gripes about how if someone doesn't have a cell phone how on earth are they supposed to call for help since you are not fixing this till Thursday of next week at best. Thus the only internet I have is the firehouse or occasionally at work.

Anyways, my life is currently consumed by applications. After another fruitless round of medical school applications (though a very productive month in lab), I am doing applications again. Not just for medical school, though that will be happening come May, but for master's programs of various sorts. I have to have something to do in the fall, and as much as I would love to go to paramedic school, it may make getting into medical school harder (unless I can get a nice master's packed into it too), not to mention most of the schools around me require anatomy, which I have oddly not taken yet.

I honestly don't know what I would like a master's in other than molecular biology and immunology are currently on the top of the list. Not having GRE's is becoming frustration, as many programs require this, though the ones that accept MCATs are becoming my saving grace.

I have also come to the unfortunate but probably for my own good decision that I need to take the MCATs again. Not because my score is bad, but because I know it can be better and so that if I end up in a two year master's program I will still have a valid/active MCAT score for medical schools.

This is not where I wanted to be in my life but it is were I am, so much better at anything practical than book work, but determined to not give up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment